- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Air cleaner assembly
- Remove fluid from the brake fluid reservoir until the level reaches the MIN mark.
- Fill the reservoir of Special Tool 416-D002 with DOT 4 brake fluid.
- Attach the tool to the slave cylinder bleed nipple.
- Open the bleed nipple and pump 80 ml brake fluid into the clutch control system.
- Tighten the bleed nipple to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm) and remove the tool.
- Have an assistant depress the clutch pedal 4-5 times and hold the pedal at full travel.
- Close the bleeder before releasing the clutch pedal.
- Repeat the procedure until no more air bubbles are seen.
- Check the clutch for proper operation.
- Check the brake fluid reservoir level and fill with DOT 4 brake fluid, as necessary.
Install or connect the following:
Air intake pipe
Bench Bleeding Procedure
- Remove the brake fluid reservoir cap.
- The reservoir fluid level should be at the MIN mark.
- Connect the reservoir hose to the clutch slave cylinder bleed nipple.
- Loosen the clutch slave cylinder bleed nipple.
- Pump approximately 80 ml of the brake fluid into the clutch system with a suitable fluid pump.
- Tighten the clutch slave cylinder bleed nipple to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Remove the special tool.
- Install the clutch slave cylinder bleed nipple dust cap.
- Check the fluid level in the brake fluid reservoir and top up as necessary with Super DOT 4 brake fluid.
Install the brake fluid reservoir cap.