Removal & Installation
2.0L (VIN N) & 2.3L (VIN Z) Engine
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the engine from the vehicle and mount it on an engine stand.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Release the tension on the tensioner spring.
- Remove the tensioner and the shoulder bolt.
Remove the guide.
NOTEThe oil pump chain sprocket must be held in place.
Remove the following:
Oil pump chain and sprockets
Install the oil pump with a new gasket. Tighten the bolts in sequence as follows:
- Step 1: 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Step 2: 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install the pump chain and sprockets. Tighten the pump sprocket bolt to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the chain guide, tensioner, and shoulder bolt. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Hook the tensioner spring around the shoulder bolt.
- Install the oil pump pickup tube and screen with a new gasket. Tighten the bolts to 89 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the oil pan.
- Install the timing chain and front cover.
- Install the engine into the vehicle.