Removal & Installation
2.0L (VIN N) & 2.3L (VIN Z) Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the transaxle.
- Remove the flywheel or flexplate.
Remove the oil level indicator and tube.
CAUTIONIf the oil pan is not removed, damage to the rear seal retainer joint can occur.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the bolts and the crankshaft rear oil seal.
- Install the crankshaft rear oil seal on the Crankshaft Rear Main Oil Seal Installer 303-328.
Install the Crankshaft Rear Main Oil Seal Installer and the crankshaft rear oil seal on the crankshaft. Tighten the bolts, in the sequence shown, to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.).
- Remove the Crankshaft Rear Main Oil Seal Installer.
- Install the oil pan.
Install the flywheel or flexplate. Tighten the bolts in the sequence shown as follows:.
- Step 1: Tighten to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Step 2: Tighten to 50 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Step 3: Tighten to 83 ft. lbs. (112 Nm).
- Install the transaxle.
- Fill the engine with clean oil.