Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Loosen the strut tower nuts by at least five turns.
- Loosen the wheel hub retaining nut.
- Remove the brake disc.
- Detach the wheel speed sensor, if equipped.
- Remove the tie rod end retaining nut.
Detach the tie rod ball joint end using a suitable ball joint press.
NOTEThe wheel hub retaining nut can be reused four times, mark the retaining nut.
Remove the wheel hub retaining nut.
NOTEMake sure that the halfshaft does not disengage from the inner constant velocity joint.
- Using a suitable puller, separate the wheel hub from the halfshaft.
- Remove the wheel knuckle bolt.
- Remove the wheel knuckle.
- Support the halfshaft out of the way.
- Install the wheel knuckle to strut pinch bolt and tighten to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
Install the halfshaft.
WARNINGThe wheel hub retaining nut can be re-used four times, inspect the markings on the retaining nut and install a new retaining nut if necessary.
- Install the wheel hub retaining nut but do not fully tighten.
Install the lower arm to wheel knuckle nut and bolt and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm)
CAUTIONInstall a new tie rod end retaining nut. Failure to follow this instruction may result in personal injury.
- Install the tie rod end and tighten nut to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm)
- Attach the wheel speed sensor, if equipped.
- Install the brake disc.
- Tighten the wheel hub retaining nut to 199 ft. lbs. (270 Nm)
- Tighten the strut tower nuts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm)