The lower control arm bushings are replaced with the lower control arm as an assembly.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the wheel.
Remove the pinch bolt and separate the lower ball joint from the wheel knuckle.
CAUTIONDo not use a prying device or separator fork between the lower ball joint and knuckle. Use a pry bar by inserting it into the lower control arm opening.
- Install Special Tool 307-102 over the ball stud before releasing the lower control arm and knuckle into rest positions.
- Remove the lower control arm bolts.
- Remove the control arm.
Use new nuts, bolts and ball bearing washers for assembly.
Install the control arm and tighten the bolts as follows:
- Tighten the front pivot bolt to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Tighten the rear inboard nut to 133 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- Tighten the rear outboard nut to 92 ft. lbs. (125 Nm).
- Install the lower ball joint and tighten the pinch bolt to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- Install the wheel.