Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEThe fuel filter is located underneath the vehicle in the area of the rear suspension.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Raise the vehicle.
NOTETo remove the lines, press the quick-release tabs on the connectors.
Remove the fuel filter bolt and remove it from the bracket.
- Position the fuel filter into the bracket. Ensure the fuel flow direction is properly aligned.
- Install and tighten the fuel pump bracket bolt.
- Lubricate the fuel tube fittings with clean engine oil. Align the fuel tube fittings and press together until a click is heard and then pull on the fittings to make sure they are fully engaged.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.