- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Release the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
Disconnect the fuel pump module electrical connector.
Remove the heat shield retainer nut.
- Loosen the clamp and disconnect the filler pipe.
- Press the quick connect coupling release tab and disconnect the vent tube.
- Press the quick connect coupling release tab and disconnect the fuel feed tube.
Support the fuel tank using a suitable high-lift jack.
NOTEMake sure not to bend or deform the fuel tank straps during the removal of the tank.
- Remove the bolt and position aside the fuel tank straps.
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Position the fuel tank and use the jack to hold it in place.
- Install the fuel tank strap bolts. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Remove the hi-lift jack.
Reconnect the quick-connect couplings to the feed and vent tubes.
CAUTIONThe orientation marks on the fuel fill and vent hoses must be aligned with the orientation marks on the fuel tank during installation. If the installation of a new hose clamp is necessary, a new stainless steel clamp is required.
- Install the heat shield retainer nut.
- Reconnect the fuel pump module electrical connector.
- Fill the fuel tank.
Repressurize the fuel system as follows:
- Cycle the ignition key and wait 3 seconds to pressurize the fuel system. Check for leaks before starting the engine.
- Start the engine and check the fuel system for leaks.
- Carry out an evaporative emission system leak test.