Removal & Installation
2.0L (VIN N) & 2.3L (VIN Z) Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure
- Release the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Disconnect the fuel tube quick release coupling from the fuel rail and position the tube aside.
- Disconnect the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor electrical connector and vacuum tube.
- Remove the bolts and the fuel rail and injectors.
- Remove the spacers.
- If necessary, remove the fuel injector retaining clips and the fuel injectors. Remove and discard the O-ring seals.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Tighten the fuel rail bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).