Door Glass & Regulator
Diagnosis & Testing
- Use the following chart to inspect physical components to determine possible cause of problems.
|Visual Inspection Chart|
|Window seal Door window frame||Central junction box (CJB) fuse(s) 49 (25A) 50 (7.5A) 54 (25A) 55 (25A) Battery junction box (BJB) fuse 7 (40A) Switch(es) Grid wire(s) Circuitry Initialization process Heated rear window relay|
Window Motor & Regulator
- Remove the front door speaker.
- Remove the side impact bolster.
Position the door latch release handle aside.
CAUTIONDo not touch the adhesive surface, as re-bonding will be impaired.
- Remove the watershield.
- If manual window regulator, connect the window regulator handle; if power, connect the door glass operating switch electrical connector.
- Remove the 2 door window glass clamp bolts.
Hold the window glass at the top of the opening, lower the regulator and remove the window glass from the regulator.
CAUTIONMake sure the window glass is adequately supported at the top of the opening.
- Using suitable hooks, raise and secure the window glass.
- Remove the 7 bolts and the window regulator and motor.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Install the 2 door window glass clamp bolts. Tighten to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the 7 bolts and the window regulator and motor. Tighten to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).