- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove the driver air bag module as follows:
- Depower the system.
- Turn the steering wheel to gain access to the air bag module bolts.
- Detach the driver air bag module from the steering wheel.
- Remove the air bag module bolts.
Detach the driver air bag module retaining clips.
- Remove the driver air bag module.
- Disconnect the driver air bag module electrical connector from the clockspring.
- Center the steering wheel.
Remove the steering wheel as follows:
- Disconnect the speed control electrical connector (if equipped).
- Remove the steering wheel bolt.
- Install the steering wheel and tighten the nut to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm)
- Install the driver side air bag module.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.