- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
NOTEThe thermostat and thermostat housing are serviced as an assembly.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Raise vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Accessory drive belt shield
- Remove the bolts, the thermostat housing and the thermostat as an assembly.
Install or connect the following:
New thermostat/housing assembly and tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.