REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
The low pressure gas shock absorbers are charged with nitrogen gas to 135 psi (930 kPa). Do not attempt to open, puncture or apply heat to the shock absorbers.
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely on jackstands.
- Remove the nut and washer retaining the shock absorber to the coil spring upper bracket.
- Remove the two bolts retaining the shock absorber to the bottom of the lower control arm.
- Remove the shock absorber through the lower control arm.
- If necessary, purge the new shock absorber of air by extending and compressing it several times before installation.
- Position the shock absorber up into the coil spring.
- Install the upper shock absorber mounting nut finger-tight.
- Install the two lower nuts to 16-24 ft. lbs. (22-33 Nm).
- Tighten the upper retaining nut to 25-35 ft. lbs. (34-48 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.