REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
In vehicles with factory installed air conditioning, the heater and A/C systems share a common control panel.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel center trim piece.
- Remove the screws securing the control assembly to the instrument panel.
- Pull the control assembly far enough rearward to allow removal of the electrical harness and remove the connectors.
- Tag and disconnect the A/C plenum vacuum harness from the mode selector valve.
- Using a small pair of pliers or equivalent, remove the heater control cable from the assembly.
- Remove the control panel from the vehicle.
- Pull the heater cable through the opening in the instrument panel.
- Position the control panel in the vehicle.
- Attach the heater control cable wire to the control panel and snap the cable flag into the bracket.
- Install the wire harness electrical connectors to the control assembly.
- Connect the vacuum harness to the rear of the mode selector valve.
- Position the control assembly to the instrument panel and install three attaching screws.
- Install the instrument cluster housing cover.
- Connect the battery ground cable.
- Check the controls for proper operation.