REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The neutral start switch is accessed from under the vehicle on the driver's side.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- With the emergency brake fully engaged, place the vehicle in NEUTRAL with blocks behind the rear wheels to prevent any vehicle movement.
- Raise the vehicle and safely support it on jackstands.
- Tag and disconnect the neutral start switch electrical harness from the neutral start switch.
- Remove the neutral start switch and O-ring using the neutral start switch socket tool T74P 77247 A, or equivalent. Discard the O-ring.
- Install the switch and new O-ring into the hole in the transmission assembly. Tighten the neutral start switch to 7-10 ft. lbs. (10-14 Nm).
- Fasten the wire harness to the neutral start switch.
- Lower the vehicle. Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the operation of the switch with the parking brake engaged. The engine should only start with the transmission in PARK or NEUTRAL.