REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the wires to the stop light switch located below the instrument panel.
The locking tab must be lifted before the connector can be removed.
- Detach the wiring harness from the stop light switch at the connector.
- Remove the hairpin clip, slide the stop light switch, pushrod, nylon washer and bushing away from the brake pedal.
It is necessary to remove the vacuum booster input rod and one bushing spacer washer from the brake pedal pin.
- Remove the washer and the stop light switch by sliding the switch up or down.
- Position the stop light switch so that the U-shaped side is nearest the brake pedal and directly over/under the pin. Then slide the stop light switch up/down trapping the vacuum booster input rod and bushing between the switch side plates.
- Push the switch and pushrod assembly firmly toward the brake pedal arm.
- Assemble the outside white plastic washer to the pin, then install the hairpin clip to hold the entire assembly.
- Assemble the connector to the stop light switch.
- Check the stop light switch for proper operation.