See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place the vehicle in gear and apply the emergency brake.
- Disconnect the clutch master cylinder/clutch switch pushrod from the pedal assembly by removing the circlip and pushing out the pushrod from the pedal arm.
- Remove the powertrain control module from the pedal bracket support by removing the module retainer bolts and unfastening the wire harness.
- Remove the circlip from the clutch pedal shaft. The clip is accessible between the brake pedal and accelerator pedal.
- Slide the clutch pedal out of the bracket by sliding toward the driver's side of the vehicle. As you slide the clutch pedal out, the brake pedal will also come out.
- Inspect the plastic pedal bushings attached to the pedal bracket and replace if worn.
- Apply grease to the pedal bushings.
- Slide the clutch pedal into the pedal bracket. As you slide the clutch pedal in, position the brake pedal in place as well. Install the circlip to the pushrod between the brake and accelerator cable, securing the pedals in place.
- Install the powertrain module to the pedal bracket using the retainer bolts.
- Connect the clutch master cylinder/clutch switch pushrod to the clutch pedal and secure with the circlip.
- Apply the clutch pedal and bleed the hydraulic system if needed. Refer to the procedure in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.