REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the harness attached to the brake switch.
- Remove the hairpin clip, then slide the switch, pushrod, nylon washer and bushing away from the pedal bracket.
- Remove the washer, then slide the switch up and away.
- Slide the switch down into position. Slide the washer over the front end of the switch.
- Slide the bushing, nylon washer, pushrod and switch into the bracket and secure in place with the hairpin clip.
- Fasten the wire harness to the brake switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Depress the brake pedal and make sure the rear brake lights work correctly. Road test the vehicle to make sure the cruise control system functions correctly.