REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- From inside the vehicle, disconnect the control cable from the accelerator cable assembly.
- From inside the engine compartment, tag and disconnect the vacuum hoses at the servo. Remove the wire harness attached to the servo.
- Remove the 2 nuts retaining the servo to the bracket.
- Remove the servo and speed control cable assembly.
- Remove the 2 nuts holding the cable cover, then pull off the cover and disconnect the cable.
- Connect the speed control cable to the servo assembly. Install the cable cover over the assembly and secure with the retainer nuts.
- Position the servo assembly in the bracket and secure with the retainer nuts. Tighten the retainer nuts to 36-44 inch lbs. (4-5 Nm).
- Install the vacuum hoses and wire harness to the servo assembly.
- Connect the control cable to the accelerator cable.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Road test the vehicle to make sure the cruise control system functions correctly.