REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The speed sensor is located on the transmission assembly on the driver's side of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle safely on jackstands. Place blocks behind the rear wheels to prevent vehicle movement.
- Disconnect the wire harness attached to the speed sensor.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable from the speed sensor.
- Place a suitable drip pan below the speed sensor to catch any fluid which may spill out during removal and installation. Remove the retaining bolt and pull out the sensor. Discard the sealing O-ring around the assembly.
- Remove the drive gear.
- Install the drive gear to the speed sensor. Install a new O-ring coated with clean engine oil around the speed sensor assembly.
- Install the speed sensor and tighten the connection.
- Fasten the wire harness the the speed sensor. Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check the transmission fluid level and add fluid if needed.
- Road test the vehicle to make sure the cruise control system functions correctly.