REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Unbolt and remove the fan guard.
- Disconnect the overflow tube from the shroud, remove the mounting screws and lift the shroud off the brackets.
- Place the shroud behind the fan.
- Remove the 4 clutch/fan assembly-to-pulley screws and remove the clutch/fan assembly.
- Remove the 4 fan-to-clutch screws.
- Position the fan onto the clutch assembly, then install the retaining screws to 55-70 inch lbs. (6-8 Nm).
- Position the clutch/fan assembly onto the pulley. Install the mounting screws to 12-18 ft. lbs. (16-24 Nm).
- Position the fan shroud onto the radiator. Install the shroud mounting screws until snug.
- Install the fan guard.
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the accessory drive belt. For more information, refer to Routine Maintenance .
- If necessary for added clearance, remove the fan shroud retaining screws.
The large nut which attaches the fan clutch to the hub of the water pump shaft has a left-hand thread and must be rotated clockwise for removal.
- Using the Fan Clutch Holding tool T84T-6312-C and Fan Clutch Nut Wrench T84T-6312-D, or their equivalents, loosen the large nut attaching the fan clutch to the water pump pulley.
- Remove the fan/clutch assembly.
- Remove the fan-to-clutch bolts, then separate the fan from the clutch assembly.
- Position the fan onto the clutch assembly, then install the fan-to-clutch mounting bolts to 53-71 inch lbs. (6-8 Nm).
- Position the lower edge of the fan shroud in the lower retaining clips, then install the fan shroud attaching screws until snug.
- Using the holding tool and clutch nut wrench, or equivalent, install the fan/clutch assembly onto the water pump pulley. Remember, the fan/clutch nut has a reverse thread and must be turned counterclockwise to tighten. Tighten the nut to 30-100 ft. lbs. (41-135 Nm).
- Install the accessory drive belt.