Some Aerostar models equipped with the premium sound system have a compact disc changer mounted in the rear compartment on the passenger side.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the three front cradle screws followed by the three rear cradle screws.
- Lift the cradle and CD player up, then remove the cradle retainer screws from the back of the CD player assembly.
- Lift the CD player out of the cradle.
- Unfasten the CD player data cable and power cable.
- Connect the CD changer data power cable to the back of the changer assembly.
- Slide the CD changer into the cradle assembly and secure the back of the assembly with the retainer screws.
- Position the changer and cradle assembly to the floor of the vehicle and secure in place with the three floor retainer screws and three side retainer screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Test the CD changer and make sure it functions correctly.
REMOVING A JAMMED CD CARTRIDGE
Occasionally the cartridge which holds the CD discs in the player unit gets caught in the unit and will not come out when the release bottom is pressed. Follow the proceeding steps to remove the cartridge.
- Make sure that the radio is turned OFF .
- Press the release button on the CD changer to make sure that power is getting to the unit. If the changer is working correctly, when you press the release button, the changer will attempt to eject the cartridge. If you do not hear any sound, check the fuse panel in the front of the vehicle to make sure a fuse has not blown.
- To release the cartridge, insert a thin piece of plastic or cardboard the size of a credit card into the changer, between the top of the cartridge and the changer assembly.
- Push the piece of plastic or cardboard in approximately 6-12 in. (15-30cm) until it catches the cartridge release mechanism in the changer. Slowly pull the piece of plastic or cardboard out with the cartridge.
- Once the cartridge is removed, inspect it for any burrs around the cartridge, or any other obstruction that might prevent it from releasing. Replace the cartridge if needed.
- If the cartridge appears good, insert the cartridge back into the changer and press the release button to eject it. If the cartridge will not release from the assembly, remove the cartridge again with the piece of plastic or cardboard, and have the changer repaired by an authorized dealer.