Some models equipped with a premium sound system and deluxe trim have an additional radio control panel mounted behind the driver's seat in the trim panel.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
To remove the control assembly in these vehicles, a pair of special tools T87P-1906A or equivalent are required. If you do not have access to a pair of these, many automotive parts stores sell a similar tool which can be used. The control assembly cannot be removed without these tools.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Insert removal tools T87P-19061A or equivalent into the holes at the side of the control assembly. Pull evenly on the tools until the control assembly begins to slide out.
- Slide the control assembly out and unfasten the harness at the rear of the unit.
- If installing a new unit, remove the brackets from the side of the control assembly.
- Install the retainer brackets to the side of the replacement unit, using the screws removed from the original model.
- Connect the wire harness to the back of the control assembly.
- Slide the assembly into the hole in the side panel until the brackets in the side of the control unit click in place.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the radio ON and, using the rear control panel, adjust the radio volume to make sure all the speaker produce a crisp clear sound.