REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the necessary components to gain access to the rear of the radio and to the top of the heater unit under the dashboard.
- Disconnect the antenna lead-in cable from the radio body or from the antenna base.
- Disengage the cable from the retainers along the top of the heater case.
- Remove the antenna mast from the antenna base.
- Unsnap the cap from the antenna base and remove.
- Remove the three antenna base attaching screws and remove the antenna from the vehicle.
- Place the gasket on the cowl panel, then insert the antenna lead and base.
- Install the three base screws, then snap the cap onto the base.
- Install the antenna mast to the antenna base.
- Route the antenna lead along the retainers on the heater case.
- Reconnect the lead to the radio and install any components which were removed to access the radio and heater unit.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
When the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 10 miles (16 km) or more to relearn the strategy.