REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The metal front bumper is welded directly to the body shell and cannot be removed without a cutting torch.
- To remove the bumper cover, remove the five push pins retaining the air deflector to the bumper cover.
- Remove the four cover-to-bumper bolts at the bottom of the assembly.
- Remove the three cover-to-bumper bolts at the front.
- Pull the cover away from the vehicle to disengage the retainers at both ends.
- If required, remove the license plate bracket by drilling out the rivets.
- If necessary, install the license plate bracket with new bolts or rivets.
- Position the assembly onto the vehicle, then install all retaining bolts to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).
- Install the air deflector and the five push pins retaining the deflector.
See Figure 2
- Support the rear bumper assembly with a floor hydraulic jack.
- Remove all bumper retaining bolts, then pull the bumper from the vehicle to disengage the side retainers.
- Position the bumper onto the vehicle and engage the side retainers.
- Tighten the retaining bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).