REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Clean all dirt or debris from the fender attaching screws, bolts and nuts. Cover all painted surfaces with an old blanket or equivalent piece of cloth to prevent damage.
- Remove the front fender-to-radiator support bolts.
- Remove the one bolt attaching the rear lower end of the fender to the body.
- Remove the one bolt attaching the rear end of the fender to the cowl. Gain access to this bolt from inside the cab.
- Remove the screws around the wheel opening.
- Remove the bolts along the top of the fender and, with the help of an assistant, remove the fender from the vehicle.
Install all fender attaching bolts hand-tight. Align the fender before tightening the fender attaching bolts to the torque specifications.
- With an assistant, position the fender onto the vehicle.
- Install the attaching bolts and screws.
- Align the fender, then tighten all bolts to 62-97 inch lbs. (7-11 Nm).