REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Open the liftgate door.
- Remove the upper rear center garnish moulding by removing the three retaining screws.
- Support the door in the open position and disconnect the liftgate gas cylinder assist rod assemblies by using a suitable tool to push the locking wedge or locking spring out of the ball socket on both sides of the assist rod.
- Move the headliner out of position. Matchmark the hinge to the vehicle roof panel (trace the outline of the hinge on the panel). Remove the hinge-to-header panel attaching nuts, then remove the liftgate with the hinge attached.
- With an assistant, position the upper hinges against the roof panel. Install the hinge-to-body bolts finger-tight.
- Move the rear hatch until the hinges align with the matchmarks made during removal.
- Tighten the hinge-to-body bolts to 13-20 ft. lbs. (17-27 Nm).
- Attach the hatch gas cylinder assist rod assemblies.
- Install the upper rear center garnish moulding.
- Close the rear hatch.
The hatch can be adjusted side-to-side and up-and-down by loosening the hinge-to-header attaching nut. Adding spacers permits in or out adjustments as required. The hatch should be adjusted for an even and parallel fit with the door opening. Tighten the nuts to 13-20 ft. lbs. (17-27 Nm).
The striker assembly can be moved 1 / 6 in. (4mm) radially (side-to-side/back and forth) as necessary. Tighten the striker to 30-40 ft. lbs. (41-55 Nm).