REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the driveshaft using the procedure outlined in this section.
- While holding the companion flange with tool T78P-4851-A or equivalent, remove the pinion nut and washer.
- Remove the flange and oil seal from the carrier using a seal puller T90T-1175-AC and slide hammer or equivalent. Discard the seal.
- Inspect the counterbore of the burrs and clean with an oilstone if needed.
- Lubricate the new seal using light oil, then install the seal using seal installer T71T-3010-R or equivalent.
- Install the companion flange, washer and nut. Tighten the nut to 140-275 ft. lbs. (190-373 Nm).
- Install the driveshaft as outlined in this section.