REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depressurize the fuel system as described in this section.
- Remove the vacuum and fuel lines at the pressure regulator.
- Remove the three Allen retaining screws from the regulator housing.
- Remove the pressure regulator assembly, gasket and O-ring. Discard the gasket and check the O-ring for signs of cracks or deterioration.
- Clean the gasket mating surfaces. If scraping is necessary, be careful not to damage the fuel pressure regulator or supply line gasket mating surfaces.
- Lubricate the pressure regulator O-ring with with light engine oil. Do not use silicone grease; it will clog the injectors.
- Install the O-ring and a new gasket on the pressure regulator.
- Install the pressure regulator on the fuel manifold and tighten the retaining screws to 27-40 inch lbs. (3-4 Nm).
- Install the vacuum and fuel lines at the pressure regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Build up fuel pressure by turning the ignition switch ON and Off at least six times, leaving the ignition On for at least five seconds each time. Check for fuel leaks.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature, then check for coolant leaks.