The inertia switch shut off the fuel to the engine in the event of collision. once the shutoff switch has activated, it must be manually reset to start the engine.
See Figure 1
To reset the inertia shutoff switch, access the switch at the right front kick panel and press and hold the button at the top of the switch. Continue to hold the reset button until it locks in place.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the wire harness at the bottom of the inertia switch.
- Remove the retainer screws securing the inertia switch to the kick panel.
- Position the inertia switch on the kick panel and secure in place with the retainer screws.
- Fasten the wire harness to the bottom of the switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the vehicle and make sure the switch is not interrupting the fuel supply.