REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure as described in this section.
- Remove the pressure relief valve cap.
- Using a suitable sized socket or wrench, loosen and remove the pressure relief valve from the mount on the fuel rail. Remove and discard the washer.
- Install the pressure relief valve and new washer into the fuel rail. Tighten the valve to 71 inch lbs. ( 8 Nm).
- Install the pressure relief cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Build up fuel pressure by turning the ignition switch ON and Off at least six times, leaving the ignition On for at least five seconds each time. Check for fuel leaks.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature, then check for coolant leaks.