REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument cluster housing cover as outlined in Routine Maintenance 0 .
- Remove the three screws attaching the control assembly to the instrument panel.
- Pull the control assembly far enough rearward to allow removal of electrical connectors and remove the connectors.
- Tag and disconnect the vacuum hose attached to the rear of the control assembly.
- Using a small pair of pliers or equivalent, remove the heater control cable from the assembly.
- If equipped with a function cable, pull enough cable through the instrument panel opening until the function control cable (black) can be held perpendicular to the control assembly. Remove the cable from the function control lever.
- Remove the control panel from the vehicle.
- Position the control panel in the vehicle.
- Attach the heater control cable wire to the control panel and snap the cable flag into the bracket.
- Repeat the process for the function control cable, if equipped.
- Install the wire harness electrical connectors to the control assembly.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the rear of the assembly.
- Position the control assembly to the instrument panel and install three attaching screws.
- Install the instrument cluster housing cover.
- Connect the battery ground cable.
- Check the controls for proper operation.