REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Drain the cooling system antifreeze into a suitable container.
- Allow the engine to cool completely. Using a thick cloth for protection, carefully open the radiator cap or reservoir cap to allow any residual cooling system pressure to vent.
- Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core tubes using tool T85T-18539-AH or equivalent. Plug the heater hoses to prevent coolant loss during core removal.
- Working in the passenger compartment, remove the six screws attaching the heater core access cover to the plenum assembly. Remove the access cover.
- Depress the retainer bracket at the top of the heater core and pull the heater core rearward and down, removing it from the plenum assembly.
- Position the heater core and seal in the plenum assembly, snapping it into the retainer bracket at the top of the core.
- Install the heater core access cover to the plenum assembly and secure it with the six screws.
- Install the quick-connect heater hoses to the heater core tubes at the dash panel in the engine.
- Fill the cooling system and bleed.
- Start the engine, move the heater controls to the MAX HEAT position and check for leaks.