REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The vacuum control motor operates the opening and closing of the A/C plenum door using vacuum from the engine. The vacuum motor is attached to the blower housing inside the engine compartment on the passenger side.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Tag and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the motor assembly. Inspect the lines for tears or cracks and replace if needed.
- Remove the push pin retaining the arm of the vacuum control motor to the air shutoff door crank arm.
- Loosen the two retaining nuts and lift the vacuum motor from the mounting bracket.
- Position the vacuum motor into the retainer bracket and secure by tightening the two nuts.
- Connect the crank arm to the vacuum motor and secure using the push pin.
- Connect the vacuum hoses to the motor assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Start the vehicle and allow to reach normal operating temperature. This will allow enough time for a strong vacuum to be built up in the control motor and hoses. Try the heating and A/C system to make sure all vents work properly.