REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Open the hatch, then remove the hatch door trim panel and handle, if so equipped.
- Disconnect the latch release rod from the control assembly.
- Remove the three latch retaining screws, then remove the luggage compartment door lock mechanism cover and latch from the liftgate.
- On vehicles equipped with a Hatch Ajar warning signal, pull the latch slightly away from the liftgate, then disconnect the electrical wire harness from the latch.
- Attach the electrical Hatch Ajar warning wire harness to the latch.
- Install the latch into the door. Install the luggage compartment door lock mechanism cover, then install and tighten the three latch retaining screws to 36-70 inch lbs. (4-8 Nm).
- Attach the hatch latch release rod to the control assembly.
- Install the hatch door trim panel and handle, if so equipped. Close the hatch.