REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
On all Aerostar models, there are two switches attached to the transmission on the driver's side. One switch is the neutral sensing switch, the other is the reverse switch. The neutral sensing switch is located above the reverse switch, toward the rear of the transmission.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- With the emergency brake fully engaged, place the vehicle in NEUTRAL with blocks behind the rear wheels to prevent any vehicle movement.
- Raise the vehicle and safely support it on jackstands.
- From underneath the vehicle, remove the wires attached to the neutral sensing switch.
- Place a drip pan of suitable size to catch any fluid which may spill while removing and installing the switch. Using a suitable open-ended wrench or socket, remove the neutral sensing switch. Remove the crush washer and discard.
- Install the neutral sensing switch into the hole using a new crush washer and tighten.
- Connect the wire harness to the switch.
- Lower the vehicle and connect the negative battery cable. Check the fluid level and add fluid if needed.