REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the front and inboard rear screws attaching the boot to the floor. Pivot the boot back on the hinge and remove the two rear screws and remove the boot.
- Place the control in the released position and insert the lock pin in the control assembly.
- Remove the cable anchor pin from the pivot hole in the control assembly ratchet plate and guide the equalizer cable from the control assembly.
- Remove the bolts retaining the control assembly to the floor panel. Remove the control assembly to the floor panel and remove the control assembly.
Do NOT remove the steel lock pin from the control assembly until the equalizer cable is reconnected to the control assembly.
- Route the cable around the control assembly pulley and insert the cable anchor pin in the pivot hole in the ratchet plate.
- Position the control assembly with the cable attached to it on the floor panel and tighten the retaining bolts.
- Remove the lock pin from the control assembly to reset the cable tension.
- Position the boot over the assembly and tighten the screws.
- Apply and release the control several times. Make sure the parking brakes are applied and released and not dragging. Check to see if the brake warning light is working properly.