REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Detach the speed sensor connector at the rear differential.
- Remove the sensor hold-down bolt, then remove the sensor.
- Clean the axle mounting surface using care not to get any dirt in the axle housing.
- Inspect and clean the magnetized sensor pole piece.
- Lubricate the new O-ring on the sensor with new motor oil, then install the sensor.
- Tighten the retaining bolt to 25-30 ft. lbs. (34-40 Nm).
- Reattach the wiring harness connector. Connect the negative battery cable.