REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Raise the van and support it safely on jackstands. Place the jackstands under the axle to take the load off of the shock absorbers.
- Remove the shock absorber lower attaching bolt and nut, then swing the lower end free of the mounting bracket on the axle housing.
- Remove the attaching bolt and washer from the upper mounting bracket, then remove the shock absorber from the vehicle.
- Position the upper end of the shock absorber in the upper mounting bracket, then install and tighten the upper nut and washer to 25-35 ft. lbs. (38-48 Nm) for 1986-90 models, and to 41-63 ft. lbs. (55-85 Nm) for 1991-96 models.
- Pivot the lower end of the shock absorber into the lower bracket. Install the lower bolt and nut to 41-65 ft. lbs. (55-88 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.