REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely with jackstands.
Mark the driveshaft and flanges so they can be reassembled in their original position.
- Place a suitable drain pan below the transfer case where it connects to the rear driveshaft. Loosen and remove the retainer bolts securing the rear driveshaft to the rear axle. Separate the driveshaft from the transfer case and place aside.
- Use seal remover T74P-77248-A or equivalent to remove the seal from the transfer case. Discard the seal.
- Inspect the counterbore of the transfer case for any burrs and clean, if needed, with an oilstone.
- Lubricate the new seal with Mercon® type transmission fluid.
- Install the seal in the transfer case so that the hole in the bottom of the seal is at the 6 o'clock position.
- Use seal replacer T61-1L-7657-A or equivalent to install the seal into the transfer case. Install until the seal bottoms out in the transfer case.
- Install the rear driveshaft.
- Lower the vehicle and add fluid to the transfer case, if needed.