REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Turn the wiper switch ON , then turn the ignition switch ON until the blades are in mid-pattern. Turn the ignition switch OFF to keep the blades in mid-pattern.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the wiper motor wiring connector from inside the engine compartment.
- Paint alignment matchmarks on the wiper arms, then remove both wiper arms.
- Remove the cowl grille by removing the retainer screws securing the cowl into position.
- Remove the linkage retaining clip and disassemble the linkage from the motor crank arm.
- Support the wiper motor with one hand while removing the wiper motor retaining nuts.
- Lower the motor. When it clears the mounting hole, remove the motor from the engine compartment.
- Raise the motor into position with the pivot shaft protruding from the hole in the body. Secure the motor using the retainer nuts. Tighten the nuts to 60-85 inch lbs. (7-9 Nm).
- Install the linkage and secure with the retainer clips.
- Install the cowl grille using the retainer screws to secure.
- Install the wiper arms, making sure the alignment is correct.
- Fasten the wire harness to the wiper motor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Test the wipers for correct operation.