REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm and blade from the vehicle.
- Remove the motor shaft attaching nut and wedge block.
- Remove the liftgate trim panel. See Routine Maintenance 0 for removal and installation procedures.
- Unfasten the electrical connector from the motor. Remove the motor wiring pins from the inner panel, then remove the motor.
- Place the motor into the liftgate so that the motor shaft protrudes through the opening in the outer panel.
- Secure the motor to the liftgate inner panel by connecting the wiring pushpins in the holes provided.
- Install the liftgate trim panel.
- Install the wedge and attaching nut to the pivot shaft on the motor.
- Load the articulating arm onto the drive pilot shaft. The wiper system must be in the rested position before the arm and blade is installed.
- Locate the blade to the specified installation position.
- Install the arm onto the pivot shaft after the articulating arm is in place with the slide latch in the unlocked position.
- While applying a downward pressure on the arm head to insure full seating, raise the other end of the arm sufficiently to allow the latch to slide under the pivot shaft to the locked position. Use finger pressure only to slide the latch, then release the arm and blade against the rear window.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Test the rear wiper to make sure it functions properly.