REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the flywheel.
- Loosen the flywheel reinforcing plate bolt and remove the plate.
- Use seal removal tool T92C-6700-CH or equivalent to remove the crankshaft rear oil seal.
- Clean the sealing surface on the rear oil seal retainer.
- Coat the inside and outside of a new seal with clean engine oil.
The flywheel-to-crankshaft bolts can be used in conjunction with seal installation tool T87C-6701-A or equivalent to draw the seal into its bore.
- Position the new seal, then place the seal installation tool on top of it, and tighten the flywheel-to-crankshaft bolts until the seal bottoms out.
- Remove the seal installation tool and install the flywheel reinforcing plate. Tighten the plate to 71-97 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Install the flywheel.