REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the cooling fan motors electrical connection.
- Remove the radiator cap.
- Place a suitable container under the radiator petcock. Open the petcock and drain the cooling system, then close the petcock.
- Use a pair of pliers to compress the upper radiator hose clamp and slide it away from the radiator. Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the radiator.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the routing clamps on the fan shroud.
- Remove the bolts located at the top of the shroud that attach the shroud to the radiator.
- Loosen, but do not remove, the bolts located at the bottom of the shroud that attach the shroud to the radiator.
- Remove the fan shroud, motor and blade assembly from the engine compartment.
When installing the cooling fan assembly, make sure the bottom of the fan shroud engages the lower shroud bolts.
- Install the fan assembly and tighten the upper and lower bolts to 71-97 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Connect the upper radiator hose and engage the clamp.
- Make sure the radiator petcock is closed and fasten the cooling fan motors electrical connection.
- Position the wiring harness in the routing clamps.
- Fill the cooling system and install the radiator cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable and start the car.
- When the engine is warmed up, check for leaks.