REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the crankshaft sprockets. Refer to the timing belt sprockets and seals procedure in this section.
- Unfasten and remove the oil pan.
- Loosen the oil pump bolts (6), then remove the oil pump and gasket.
- If necessary, loosen the oil pump screen cover and tube bolts, then remove the screen cover, screen cover gasket and tube.
- Clean the oil pump gasket mating surface with a scraper and the screen cover gasket mating surfaces with a single edge razor blade.
- Apply sealing compound B5A-19554-A or its equivalent to each side of the new oil pump gasket, then install the gasket.
- Install the oil pump and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm).
- If removed, install the screen cover gasket, cover and tube. Tighten the retainers to 71-97 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Install the oil pan and crankshaft sprockets.