REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the cooling fan motors electrical connection.
- Remove the radiator cap.
- Place a suitable container under the radiator petcock. Open the petcock and drain the cooling system, then close the petcock.
- Disconnect the overflow hose.
- Use a pair of pliers to compress the upper radiator hose clamp and slide it away from the radiator. Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the radiator.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the routing clamps on the fan shroud.
- Use a pair of pliers to compress the lower radiator hose clamp, then disconnect the hose from the radiator.
- On models equipped with an automatic transaxle, disconnect the fluid cooler hoses, then remove the lower bolt and cooler hose bracket.
- Loosen the radiator support upper bracket bolts (4) that attach the brackets to the body, then remove the brackets.
- Remove the radiator and fan shroud from the engine compartment, as necessary.
- If necessary, separate the fan/shroud assembly from the radiator by loosening the bolts. On models with an automatic transaxle there are 3 bolts, and on models with a manual transaxle there are 4 bolts.
- If necessary, engage the fan/shroud to the radiator and tighten the bolts.
When installing the radiator, make sure the upper brackets are fully engaged on the radiator and that the mounting pins, located on the lower tank of the radiator, are in their proper slots in the core support crossmember. Also be sure that the radiator mounting insulators (2) are in the correct place.
- Install the radiator/shroud assembly.
- Place the radiator support brackets in position and tighten the bolts to 71-89 inch lbs. (8-10 Nm).
- Connect the overflow hose.
- Connect the upper and lower radiator hoses and engage their clamps.
- On models equipped with an automatic transaxle, connect the oil cooler hoses, then install the cooler hose bracket and lower bolt.
- Make sure the radiator petcock is closed and fasten the cooling fan motors electrical connection.
- Position the wiring harness in the routing clamps.
- Fill the cooling system and install the radiator cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable and start the car.
- When the engine is warmed up, check for leaks.