REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Remove the valve cover.
- Remove the rocker arm bolts and seats in the sequence illustrated.
- Remove the rocker arm and shaft assemblies from the cylinder head.
- Matchmark the rocker and spacers so that they can be re-installed in their original locations.
- Remove the rocker arms and spacers from the shafts.
The intake and exhaust rocker arm shafts can be identified by comparing the lengths of dimensions A and B , as shown in the accompanying illustration. The longer dimension (A) is on the intake rocker arm shaft.
- Assemble the rocker arm spacers and arms making sure they are in the positions that were marked before disassembly.
- Install the rocker arm bolts and seats. Tighten the bolts in the sequence illustrated to 16-21 ft. lbs. (22-28 Nm) using a torque wrench.
- Install the valve cover.