REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 12
- Remove the drive belts.
- Remove the water pump and crankshaft pulleys.
- Unfasten the four upper engine front cover bolts, then remove the cover.
- Unfasten the three lower engine front cover bolts, then remove the cover.
- Remove the timing belt tensioner spring and spring cover, then remove the tensioner bolt.
- Mark the direction of rotation of the timing belt.
- Remove the timing belt by sliding it off the sprockets.
- Align the camshaft and crankshaft sprockets with the marks on the cylinder head.
- Install the timing belt.
- Install the timing belt tensioner spring and spring cover on the belt tensioner.
- Install the tensioner and spring assembly on the engine, then finger-tighten the tensioner bolt.
- Connect the timing belt spring to the anchor.
- Rotate the crankshaft two turns in the proper direction of rotation and align the timing marks. Make sure all the timing marks are properly aligned.
- Tighten the tensioner bolt to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-26 Nm).
- Install the lower and upper front covers. Tighten the bolts to 71-97 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).