REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Open the vehicles hood and secure it in an upright position.
- Disconnect any hoses or wires from the hood.
- Matchmark the hinge-to-hood location.
- Have an assistant support the hood, then loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts.
- Remove the hood from the car.
- Install the hood and align the hinge-to-hood marks made prior to removal.
- Install the retaining bolts and tighten them to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm).
- Engage the wires and hoses, if removed.
- Close the hood to make sure it latches properly, and adjust the alignment if necessary.
See Figure 4
- Check that the hood can be closed easily and that there is no looseness in the hinges. Replace the hinges if they cannot be tightened.
- Measure the hood clearance; it should not exceed 0.12-0.20 inch (3-5mm) at the points shown in the accompanying illustration.
- If the clearance is incorrect, loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts and adjust the hood until the clearance is as specified.
- Tighten the hinge-to-hood bolts to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm).