Removal & Installation
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the four stabilizer bar (sway bar) bracket nuts and two stabilizer bar brackets.
- Remove the split bushings from the stabilizer bar. Replace deteriorated or worn bushings as required.
- Remove the cotter pins and front stabilizer bar retaining nuts at the lower control arms and remove the rear washers and bushings. Discard the cotter pins.
- Pull the stabilizer bar forward to disengage it from the lower control arms.
- Remove the front bushings and washers. Replace deteriorated or worn bushings as required.
- Install the control arm bushing washers on the ends of the stabilizer bar and install the control arm front bushings.
- Support the stabilizer bar by hand and insert the ends of the bar into the lower control arms.
- Install the rear control arm bushings and washers with the retaining nuts. Make the retaining nuts finger-tight.
- Install the two split bushings on the stabilizer bar with the split side forward and position them next to the white alignment marks on the bar.
- Install the two stabilizer bar brackets. Tighten the four bracket retaining nuts to 40-50 ft. lbs. (54-68 Nm).
- Tighten the front stabilizer bar retaining nuts to 47-57 ft. lbs. (64-77 Nm) and install new cotter pins.
- Lower the vehicle.