REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum supply hose from the top of the fuel pressure regulator.
- Tag, disconnect and plug the fuel line.
- Loosen the two pressure regulator mounting bolts and remove the pressure regulator.
- Remove and discard the pressure regulator O-ring seal.
- Install a new O-ring seal and place the pressure regulator in position.
- Install the pressure regulator mounting bolts and tighten them to 71-97 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Engage the fuel line and the pressure regulator vacuum hose.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition key from ACC to ON several times without starting the engine and check for fuel leaks.